Tomorrow, Wednesday, September 15, U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm will host a virtual roundtable, Local Clean Energy Action: Building an Equitable and Sustainable Future with Communities, to launch a new initiative that reflects the Biden-Harris Administration’s effort to deliver an equitable clean energy transition for communities across the country, including energy justice communities and communities with historical ties to fossil fuel industries.
Tune in to learn about DOE’s new pilot program that will directly engage and assist communities as they build more resilient economies and better the health and environment of their communities as they transition to clean energy.
- Jennifer M. Granholm, Secretary of Energy
- Shalanda Baker, DOE Deputy Director for Energy Justice
- Helen Chin, President, Communities First
- Sekita Grant, Vice President of Programs, The Solutions Project
- Tatewin Means, Executive Director, Thunder Valley Community Development Corporation
- Michael Tubbs, Former Mayor, City of Stockton, CA
- Stephanie Tyree, Executive Director, WV Community Development Hub.
Event takes place tomorrow, Wednesday, September 15, from 1:00–1:45 p.m. Eastern Time.
Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs
1000 Independence Ave. SW | Washington DC 20585
For more information on the Office of Indian Energy, visit our website.