ATNI to Host US Treasury Tribal Leader Roundtable on the RPA reauthorization of the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) which contains a $500 million set aside for Tribal governments to support
Tribal Leader Roundtable – Tuesday, August 10th, 2021 AT 10AM
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) reauthorizes and amends the Small Business Jobs Act (SBJA) of 2010, which established the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) Program. SSBCI provides certain governments funding for 1) small business financing programs and 2) technical assistance to small businesses applying for SSBCI. ARPA authorized SSBCI Tribal government eligibility for the first time and provided a $500 million Tribal set aside. Treasury has conducted a Tribal consultation, hosted a Tribal information session, and engaged in Tribal engagement on this fund over the past few months. Based on the consultation, Treasury adopted a distribution methodology that allocated payments using a formula that is based on enrollment data and establishes a minimum amount ($423,000) for eligible Tribal governments. All eligible Tribal governments have been notified of their initial allocations via email. A Notice of Intent to apply for these funds is due August 16, 2021 at 5:00 EDT and applications are due December 11, 2021. Please note that the NOI does not obligate a government to participate in the program. SSBCI Resources:
- Tribal Fact Sheet: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/256/Tribal-SSBCI-Fact-Sheet-7-28-21.pdf
- Tribal Allocation Methodology: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/256/Preliminary-Allocation-to-Tribal-Governments-Methodology-Summary.pdf
- SSBCI Page and NOI: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/small-business-programs/state-small-business-credit-initiative-ssbci
- If you have questions about the Treasury SSBCI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about Tribal Affairs at Treasury, please email Tribal.Consult@treasury.gov
ATNI HOSTED TREASURY MEETING TUESDAY AUGUST 10TH AT 10AMTopic: US Treasury SSBCI Time: Aug 10, 2021 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/83780000561?pwd=OFZSUVNKMnVEYjU5WUptMTJCY01rQT09
Meeting ID: 837 8000 0561Passcode: 483549One tap mobile+12532158782,,83780000561#,,,,*483549# US (Tacoma)+16699006833,,83780000561#,,,,*483549# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)Meeting ID: 837 8000 0561Passcode: 483549Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdLKsmX4lg
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!