The 2023 Northwest Tribal Clean Energy Summit will convene Tribes to learn, share information, and advance Tribal clean energy initiatives in the Pacific Northwest.
Where: Tulalip Resort and Casino
When: June 13-15, 2023
What: The Summit will engage Tribal leaders, citizens, staff, youth and collaborators in conversation about navigating the cultural, economic, and social challenges of implementing clean energy projects. Our goals include:
- Ensure that Tribes have the information, support, capacity and resources necessary to plan for and implement Tribal Energy Projects;
- Increase Tribal awareness of opportunities and challenges faced by other Tribes in developing energy projects and when partnering with outside partners for planning, policy development and project implementation;
- Improving project success by appropriately engaging and consulting with Tribes;
- Assess Tribal needs interests, and priorities related to Energy sovereignty, while providing listening opportunities for intertribal collaboration to move those priorities forward
All are welcome to register.
- Special $129 lodging rate available at the Tulalip Resort and Casino until May 20; call 360.716.7162 and mention “ATNI Energy Summit”
- Shuttle: Bellair Airporter has $39 one way shuttles between SEATAC airport and the Tulalip Casino and Resort. Book your shuttle today!
- Amtrak, Light rail, public transportation, Taxi, and rideshare services are available from the airport, King Street Train Station, or Marysville. No hotel shuttle is available.
Draft Agenda (see detail)
- Chas Jones, Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians
- Tami Trahant, Affiliated Tribes of NW Indians
- Donald Williams, Coyote Steals Fire Energy Group
- Maggie Tallmadge, Navajo Power
- David Petrie, Ocean Winds Senior Advisor
- Reuben Martinez, Univ. of Washington
For more info
- Contact Tami Trahant; ttrahant AT atnitribes.org.