Any Indigenous youth that is between 18 and 25 years old on Sept. 7, 2020 is eligible (email us if you have any questions). Indigenous youth under the age of 18 may be considered eligible with written authorization from a legal guardian. Any youth under the age of 18 will be required to be accompanied at the in-person Summit by an authorized adult traveling at their own expense (unless an exception is granted by ATNI). In the case of a team submission, ATNI will only offer a single travel award to that team. The team should identify the selected individual prior to submitting the video. They may identify alternate attendees via email or in the submission form, if appropriate. If not alternates are identified and the listed participant is unable to attend, the entire award will be forfeited.
- If the winners are unable to accept the travel award, the entire prize will be forfeited.
- No substitution for the travel award will be offered; no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted. The travel award has no cash value.
- Attendance of the in-person Summit in 2021 is required in exchange for covering the winners’ associated travel costs.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon notification and approval by ATNI or its agent. Winners will be notified by email within 21 days after being selected. If the winners are deemed ineligible or are unable to respond via email within seven days after contact is attempted, the prize will be forfeited.
- ATNI will select the most appropriate mode of travel to be funded for each winner.
- ATNI staff will assist with or will make lodging reservations and conference registration for the contest winners.
- Video submissions must be the intellectual property of the entrant and should not include any copyrighted video, audio, or photo content. Entrants must have permission from all individuals filmed or photographed during your video and must have parental permission for those under 18 years old.
- Videos made in the past may also be submitted if the original content was produced and edited by the entrant and was the intellectual property of the entrant.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- ATNI retains the right to disqualify any contestant if the rules are not followed.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with the rules of this contest.
- If the contest is not able to run as planned, without limitation, ATNI reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest at their discretion.
- ATNI reserves the right to use the submitted videos on their website, social media channels,and virtual, in-person, or recorded presentations at any time after the submission is received.
- ATNI is not responsible for injury or damaged property that occurs while entrants or potential entrants are developing or submitting video content.
- Participants agree to abide by applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- People who register for the workshop, but are unable to attend, will receive follow-up materials via email.